Sales Executive, General Agents
Job Description Summary
The Sales Executive, General Agents is responsible for statewide new member and member retention targets through General Agent Partners (GA) and House Accounts (HA). The incumbent will attain new customer accounts and maintaining customer accounts. The Sales Executive, General Agent (SE) will meet and develop relationships with all Covered California for Small Business (CCSB) approved GAs within the State. Following initial contact, the SE will nurture and maintain the relationships by providing product training and support for the GA sales teams and office staff. This position reports to the Director of Sales & Eligibility for Covered California for Small Business (CCSB).
- BA/BS and minimum of three years of direct sales experience in selling small group fully-funded employee healthcare benefits preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in writing and verbally, particularly when presenting.
- Ability to present features and benefits of small group health benefits with a high degree of confidence and credibility.
- Proven record of managing sales pipeline and closing the sale.
- Solid and demonstrable knowledge of group health insurance benefits products and services.
- Experience working with licensed agents; contacts in the agent community preferred.
- Strong confidence in developing new agent contacts and relationships.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, calendaring and presentation software.
- Possess an Active CA Accident and Health license.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly throughout California) up to 75% of the time.
Duties And Responsibilities
Sales, Growth, and Retention
- Obtain new customer accounts and maintain existing customer accounts through General Agent and House Account partners.
- Meet annual individual and department sales goals.
- Recruit GA Sales Teams to increase sales production for CCSB Exchange, with limited direction from the Director of Sales & Eligibility.
- Provide ideas to help build operations infrastructure to support increased sales distribution channel and additional sales.
- Meet with GA staff and develop a sales pipeline for the CCSB Exchange; including visiting agent’s offices (e.g. scheduling and providing "lunch and learns" for their client’s employees).
- Develop a business plan identifying target agent, projecting sales as defined by enrolled members / lives.
- Evaluate opportunities to leverage corporate marketing activities; capitalize on these.
- Promote CCSB Exchange at appropriate industry functions.
- Facilitate presentations and enrollments in tandem (or not) with respective General Agents and their clients.
General Agents Staff Training
- Design and create product and sales training, performance management and retention strategies.
- Analyze performance reports to identify knowledge gaps and incorporate findings in training programs.
- Conduct regular training meetings with GA sales and account management teams on positioning CCSB plans and products
- Monitor activity through CCSB portal in relation to new business submissions and conduct regular training on all CCSB websites and tools.
- Provide after-the-sales training to instruct clients on how to access and utilize the CCSB Exchange.
- Submit regular reports relative to GA sales.
- Follow-up on leads and provide status reports.
- Complete monthly expense and appointment reports.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning and executing work in a helpful and collaborative manner, being willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain an active CA Accident and Health license.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the US (mainly California) up to 75% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to travel to both indoor and outdoor areas that can vary in exposure and temperature. The employee is frequently required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is frequently required to use objects, tools, or controls. The employee may be required to lift up to 50lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.