Senior Director Pinnacle Print
Job Description Summary
A high-level position reporting to the Chief Information Officer who is responsible for leading the business division, Pinnacle Print and Transaction Solutions (PPTS). This position collaborates and leads this division and oversee the financial aspects of this business unit, including budget, profitability, expenses, and influence, and maintain product pricing. In addition, collaborate with the PCMI marketing department relative to strategic marketing and communications initiatives and support sales efforts. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of this business unit, including printing, distribution, electronic payment, and EDI transactions, including sales outreach. The incumbent will provide superior customer care relative to these services and execute a high level of quality control to ensure standards of practice (HITRUST), and be responsible for determining the company’s equipment and software. This position has four direct reports; Digital Print and Folder Inserter, Digital Print Operator, Lead Distribution Specialist, and Distribution Technician.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in one of the following disciplines: Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, and/or 10+ years of an equivalent combination of education and experience with theoretical and practical knowledge in the field preferred.
- Previous experience with, and excellent understanding of, electronic data interchange (EDI) commerce, preferably within the healthcare industry.
- Solid understanding of processing payments using virtual credit cards as well as all related banking regulatory compliance that exists in such transactions.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading teams and maintaining a strong leadership presence.
- Proficient in workforce planning, budget, and resource staffing for the department
- Extensive knowledge of development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate and defuse conflict, multi-task many projects, and demands at one time.
- Knowledge of distribution and postal regulations for health benefits and financial materials preferred.
- Verifiable, clean DMV record and the ability to travel to various locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 25% of the time.
Duties And Responsibilities
Pinnacle Print and Transaction Solutions Operations
- Direct and manage the printing, distribution, electronic payment, and (EDI) transactions, including overseeing the inventory of all supplies and resources needed.
- Develop, implement, and monitor successful administrative processes and procedures to maximize employee production and compliance.
- Prepare annual budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Act as the primary liaison between multiple operational divisions that may have differing priorities and objectives.
- Manage all third-party accounts used within Pinnacle Print and Transaction Solutions (PPTS).
- Regularly track group/departmental costs, and manage within budget. Employ cost containment measures while retaining the quality and efficient operations and a productive, healthy work environment. Anticipate expenses and identify potential budgetary concerns to leadership.
- Develop and maintain metrics and measurement (Key Performance Indicators) to support a consistent, informative, and timely management reporting package.
- Regularly analyze and report on the productivity and effectiveness of the operations in comparison to established performance metrics. Identify areas of improvement and recommend resolution.
- Oversee the management and direction as it relates to the set-up and installation of all new business accounts.
Sales, Marketing, and Retention
- Work with sales, account management, marketing, and communications to grow PPTS’s existing book of business.
- Work closely with PCMI’s executive team to develop and execute sales strategies and tactics for PPTS.
- Support sales in driving business growth results through face-to-face engagement with clients, consultants, and other external influencers when necessary.
- Maintain high visibility with PCMI’s clients, consultants, and industry leaders.
- Work with sales and account management in identifying upselling business opportunities on renewals.
- Conducts marketplace research on industry trends ensuring PCMI technologies, efficiencies, and product offerings are competitive in comparison to the marketplace.
- Manage client relations, including building long-term relationships with key clients and addressing customer concerns, as well as offering products and services to meet client needs.
- Set sales and revenue targets and work diligently to meet them.
- Ensure the delivery of relevant, well-constructed, and error-free work that meets established deadlines, supports client, company, supervisor objectives, and is provided efficiently and produced with accuracy and due diligence.
Management & Leadership
- Maintain and promotes a positive culture within the department and across teams.
- Set a positive example for the team and is a worthy ambassador of both supervisor and company, demonstrating professionalism, good judgment, initiative, and diplomacy.
- Develop, manage, and lead a team of 3A+ self-accountable professionals.
- Develop a culture of real, personal accountability by modeling the behavior that defines it.
- Instill a culture of safety and expectation, within your respective area/s.
- Require direct reports to hold themselves accountable to high standards of performance and personal conduct, in a clear, helpful, straightforward way.
- Conduct one-on-one conversations with every direct report, quarterly, focused on their 3A+ capabilities, impact, and effort.
- Make decisions and choices, impacting staff, by using the steps as outlined in the “Outward Mindset Skills for Leaders” guide.
- Utilize all capabilities to satisfy one mission — to enhance the competitiveness and profitability of our members. Do everything possible to help members succeed by being curious and striving to understand what others are trying to achieve, planning, and executing work helpfully and collaboratively. Be willing to adjust efforts to ensure that work and attitude are helpful to others, being self-accountable, creating a positive impact, and being diligent in delivering results.
- Maintain a clean DMV record and the ability to travel to locations throughout the U.S. (mainly California and Arizona) up to 25% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to travel to both indoor and outdoor areas that can vary in exposure and temperature. The employee is frequently required to operate a motor vehicle, use objects, tools, or controls, and/or required to lift up to 50lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.