Area Manager - Canada
Weidner Investment Services is currently conducting a search for an Area Manager to oversee a portfolio with properties in Prince Albert. This person will be actively engaged in the day-to-day operations for a variety of projects to include: ground-up construction, lease-ups, major renovations, and under-performing properties. The Area Manager will set the standard for a positive teamwork environment, as well as encouraging innovation, leadership, and sound judgment.
- The Area Manager will be site based and directly oversee the operations of one property by performing the functions of a Community Director. The site will generally be a larger asset so that an office team of at least two others can handle the property when the Area Manager attends to his/her other communities.
- He/she will oversee approximately one to three other properties that have Community Directors onsite. The properties will be chosen by the Regional VP or Director(s) and be based upon location and complexity of the sites.
- Responsible for all aspects of the operation of assigned properties including budgeting, marketing and leasing, staffing, maintenance, records and reporting.
- Consistently meet monthly income and expense budgets for each assigned property
- Review monthly Profit and Loss reports with each team; set strategy for meeting budget
- Develop and implement marketing plan; set rental rates and deposits based on current market rents; regularly shop competitive properties; oversee application and rental standards and leasing practices.
- Implement lease renewal program; negotiate all lease renewals in a timely manner with 80% success.
- Serves on the Leadership team as requested by the Executive Team
- Responsible for hiring, training, motivating and retaining regional associates and promoting teams.
- Manage staffing issues promptly; conduct annual performance evaluations of site staff
- Prepare, approve and sign accurate and timely payroll reports; eliminate overtime except for emergencies
- Develop long range plans for maintenance and improvement of each property; approve expenditures above normal operating expenses.
- Assure that all vacant units are100% market ready
- Always courteous and helpful to associates, residents, prospective residents and vendors.
- Four years’ experience in property management at the supervisory level; college education desired.
- Thorough computer knowledge; excellent verbal and written communication skills; detail-oriented, well organized and accurate.
- Valid and current driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Must agree to a criminal background check.