Commercial Facilities Engineer
Weidner Apartment Homes is currently searching for a Commercial Facilities Engineer to work out of the Regional Office in Minnetonka, Minnesota. This position will directly support the Commercial Asset Team with ongoing facility and team-related responsibilities, including facilities management of Weidner’s commercial properties, and overseeing consistent delivery of repairs and maintenance with excellent customer service.
Performance – Design New Standards. . .
- Monitor preventative maintenance schedules, perform limited maintenance tasks as required, such as tightening door hardware, replacing acoustical ceiling tile, replacing lightbulbs in the common area,
- Make repairs, adjustments and changes to HVAC and related equipment.
- Monitor day porter activities to ensure adequate commercial operations.
- Overseeing overall preventative maintenance.
- Available for and respond to after-hours emergency maintenance calls.
Attention to Detail sets us apart...
- Responsible for recurring, regular property inspections of all properties under commercial management.
- Inspect all exterior house systems, equipment and supplies, monitor status to assure proper operation. Includes regular monitoring of parking field wear, landscaping, roofing, lighting, signage, etc.
- Monitor systems for potential problems and formulate solutions in a proactive manner.
What we value...OUR PEOPLE
- Actively participate in a positive team environment through teamwork, communication, and excellence in service.
Accomplishment through honesty, trust and mutual respect. . .
- Prompt with regular attendance and maintain a professional appearance at all times while on duty.
- Willing to travel.
- Follow Weidner’s Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all Weidner policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual and fair housing regulations.
- Five (5) years minimum experience as an operator in a high-rise building or large commercial property.
- Must have a solid understanding of the maintenance and operational routines of large mechanical equipment.
- Must have a thorough understanding of building mechanical and electrical systems, including pumps, motors, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, and all air handling equipment.
- Knowledge of Variable Frequency Speed Drives, Hydronic Heating Operation and Heat Pumps System.
- HVAC certification (preferred).
- Occasionally handle loads up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to negotiate building access ladders/roof hatches for inspection of building roof systems.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a record that meets insurance carrier standards.