Regional Maintenance Director - Alaska
The Regional Maintenance Director will work with Community Directors, Area Directors and Regional Directors and be responsible for the completion of all work tasks in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety standards.
- Assists with the establishment of all Preventative Maintenance Programs in YARDI. Monitor progress of all PM entries with special emphasis on quality control and timely completion of tasks stated within the plan. Meet with Regional Director(s) to review the progress of the current plan, and provide suggestions for updating the program to match the changing dynamics of the properties.
- Review building maintenance expenses with Community Directors and help develop a maintenance plan of action for each property when appropriate
- Monitor performance, repair and replacement of major boiler systems, building water heaters, pumps and large HVAC components.
- Assist Regional and Area Directors in the selection of maintenance personnel in the region.
- Conduct final interviews with potential candidates for the Service Manager position to assess skill level and provide recommendation to Area Director and/or Regional Director.
- Provide feedback as needed to the Area and Regional Directors regarding performance of all maintenance and landscape personnel.
- Available to assist or help troubleshoot during maintenance emergencies.
- Assist in the coordination of internal emergency swat team maintenance personnel to turn a greater than normal apartments in a given month at a specific property.
- Establish a scope of work and bidding for outside contractors to include a detailed description of the work to be completed for non-Complete Construction capital improvement jobs.
- Help facilitate classes with Director of Maintenance Training in areas of plumbing, basic electrical, vinyl, locks and keys, pools and spas, appliance repair, construction, drywall, mold/moisture and safety
- Works closely with National Purchasing Director to stay current on product trends and pricing for region. Review the budget control process at the site level and make sure we are getting the prices, rebates and products initially negotiated at the National Account level.
- Work with the Director of Risk Management to handle all liability and property damage insurance claims and coordinate corrective action.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in property management maintenance and rehabilitation.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks.
- Understanding of budgets and analysis of all maintenance related expenses and capital improvements.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Valid and current driver’s license with reliable transportation and auto insurance.
- Able to lift and carry (frequently) up to 45 pounds (paints, supplies).
- Able to push/pull up to 200 pounds, move appliances, use appliance dolly, move hot water tanks and other machinery and heavy equipment as needed.