Performance – Setting New Standards . . .
- Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP’s) and assist in bulk purchases with Director of Purchasing
- Research product specifications, analyze and compare data to ensure within Weidner standards
- Assist management with vendor scopes of work, agreements and partnerships; including pricing and standards
- Negotiate pricing and agreements for MRO supplies, vendor/supplier pricing and maintain Purchasing Guide pricing
- Assist with management of business phone/internet and TV accounts, including elevator and pool phones with monitoring partner
- Management of implemented initiatives such as move-in gifts, P-Card, Office Depot, etc.
- Project management of laundry room renovations with Regional Maintenance Directors
- Manage cell phone and company fleet/gas accounts
- Communicate and collaborate with onsite teams, as required
- Additional duties and projects, as assigned
- Maintain records/files of purchases
- Actively participate in a positive team environment through teamwork, communication and excellence in service; communicate regularly with the Director of Purchasing
Customer Service – Responsive management and maintenance . . .
- Create spreads to aid in vendor/supplier pricing comparison
- Track and follow up on orders to ensure materials shipped and delivered
Attention to Detail sets us apart . . .
- Follow Weidner’s Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all Weidner policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as Fair Housing rules and regulations.
- Assist Director of Purchasing with new community takeover(s) by reviewing and summarizing current vendor and supplier agreements
- Assist with bid research on high dollar/volume purchases
- Compile, analyze data and prepare reports, as required
Accomplishment through honesty, trust and mutual respect. . .
- Prompt with regular attendance and maintain a professional appearance at all times while on duty.
- Management of online vendor/supplier accounts for all communities
- 2-5 years Purchasing experience with degree in Purchasing, Negotiation, Contracts or Supply Chain Management
- Ability to negotiate and manage vendors/suppliers, pricing and agreements
- Consistent initiative to problem solve with proactive ability to find solutions
- Ability to audit, decipher and analyze contract verbiage
- Ability to research market trends and assist with establishing standard products
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong ability to multitask within strict time frames, while maintaining attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills, internet research skills and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must agree to a criminal background check and sign an agreement for voluntary drug testing.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
- Travel, as needed