Regional HVAC Technician
Oklahoma Regional - HVAC Technician
Reports to Regional Maintenance Director
While this job description is complete, some responsibilities may not be specifically addressed.
Weidner Apartment Homes is committed to teamwork, through a spirit of honesty, trust and mutual respect.
PERFORMANCE – Setting new standards
- Primary responsibly is HVAC oversight for region.
- Assist region in cost reduction and expense control.
- Repair existing HVAC units when possible.
- Perform and oversight of preventative maintenance to prolong life/efficiency of existing units.
- Replace existing HVAC units only when absolutely necessary.
- Assist region in conversion to EPA mandated HVAC compliance.
- Assist communities with Boiler issues.
- Oversight of routine maintenance of boiler systems.
- Work with Supervisors, Service Managers, Service Tech and Community Directors to achieve optimal results.
- Communicate recommendations and receive approval for actions to be taken with appropriate personnel.
- Actively participate in a positive team environment through teamwork, communication and excellence in service; communicate regularly with Supervisor, Community Directors and Service Managers.
- Share/teach HVAC knowledge & experience with all Weidner associates.
- Repair and maintain all HVAC and Boiler systems and service equipment.
- Maintain inventory and order necessary supplies as needed with RMD’s approval.
- Follow and/or exceed EPA mandates and laws.
- Never violate EPA/State/Government laws, rules and regulations.
- Report any violations to Supervisor and related Community Director.
- Check each Community’s Refrigerant log and insure mandated compliance.
- Follow Weidner’s Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all Weidner’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as Fair Housing rules and regulations.
- File all required reports with Supervisor.
- Respond to and report accidents or emergency situations to the Community Director and Supervisor.
- Follow company key procedures.
- Prompt with regular attendance; wear company uniform and maintain a professional appearance while on duty.
- Willing to be assigned to any Weidner property as needed.
- 5 Years minimum full time HVAC experience.
- 3 Years minimum 410-A refrigerant certification and experience (installation, repair, EPA followed regulations).
- 3 years minimum boiler experience.
- Knowledge of electrical and plumbing; HVAC Certification.
- Provide full set of general tools, including but not limited to sets of wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, Allen wrenches, plumbing torch, toolbox and ladder.
- Able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push/pull up to 200 pounds.
- Must have reliable transportation to respond to service requests, pick up parts.
- Working knowledge of English; detail oriented, well organized.
- Available to work flexible hours and days.
- Agree to a criminal background, credit check and sign an agreement for voluntary drug testing.
- Valid and current driver’s license, State required insurance with reliable transportation.