Weidner Investment Services is currently conducting a search for an Area Director to oversee a portfolio with properties in British Columbia and Alberta. The Area Director is fully responsible for the overall operational performance for our properties. This person will be actively engaged in the day-to-day operations for a variety of projects to include: ground-up construction, lease-ups, major renovations, and under-performing properties. The Area Director will set the standard for a positive teamwork environment, as well as encouraging innovation, leadership, and sound judgment.
- Responsible for all aspects of the operation of assigned properties including budgeting, marketing and leasing, staffing, maintenance, records and reporting.
- Consistently meet monthly income and expense budgets for each assigned property
- Review monthly Profit and Loss reports with each team; set strategy for meeting budget
- Develop and implement marketing plan; set rental rates and deposits based on current market rents; regularly shop competitive properties; oversee application and rental standards and leasing practices.
- Implement lease renewal program; negotiate all lease renewals in a timely manner with 80% success.
- Serves on the Leadership team as requested by the Exec Team
- Responsible for hiring, training, motivating and retaining regional associates and promoting teams.
- Manage staffing issues promptly; conduct annual performance evaluations of site staff
- Prepare, approve and sign accurate and timely payroll reports; eliminate overtime except for emergencies
- Develop long range plans for maintenance and improvement of each property; approve expenditures above normal operating expenses.
- Assure that all vacant units are100% market ready
- Always courteous and helpful to associates, residents, prospective residents and vendors.
- At least 5 years’ experience in multi-family property management of at least 700 units and with a minimum of 3 years at the multi-site supervision and management level
- Thorough computer knowledge; excellent verbal and written communication skills; detail oriented, well organized and accurate
- Valid and current driver’s license, proof of insurance and a vehicle
- Must to willing to travel up to 40%
- Must agree to a criminal background check