Property Accountant - entry level
Weidner Property Management LLC is committed to teamwork, through a spirit of honesty, trust and mutual respect. While this job description is complete, some responsibilities may not be specifically addressed.
SETTING NEW STANDARDS. . .
The entry level Property Accountant is responsible for processing all accounts payable for multiple properties in accordance with company policies and procedures. This position reports directly to the supervisor, and requires a high degree of confidentiality.
- Process all accounts payable invoices, including loan / vendor payments
- Prepare detailed monthly check lists for utilities, and review utility entries prepared by Yardi Energy
- Process use tax for different states
- Reconcile bank statements when needed
- Reconcile vendor statements to verify that all invoices are paid, there are no double payments, and all credits have been taken
- Maintain detailed files for each property including monthly paid invoices, loan payments, resident refunds, journals, bank reconciliations, pending invoices, and close out
- Process monthly close-out for all your properties
- Print financial reports for Month End and forward to Accounting Assistant
What we value. . . OUR PEOPLE
- Participate in a positive team environment through teamwork, communication
- Communicate with Community Directors and vendors regarding payment processing and problem solving of accounting issues
Attention to Detail sets us apart . . .
- Must meet deadlines as set by Supervisor and VP of Accounting
- Record errors on monthly scorecard
- Prepare accounting records for storage
- Must be prompt and have regular attendance
Accomplishment through honesty, trust and mutual respect...
- Follow Weidner’s Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all Weidner policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual
- Thorough knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Up to four (4) years accounts payable experience using accounting software, college degree in accounting, business, finance, economics is preferred
- Familiar with Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to maintain a good working relationship with all associates and vendors
- Experience with YARDI accounting software is helpful