Service Technician in Training
Service Technician in Training (SIT), Reports to Service Mentor
Weidner Property Management is committed to teamwork, through a spirit of honesty, trust and mutual respect. While this job description is complete, some responsibilities may not be specifically addressed.
PERFORMANCE: Customer Service – Responsive maintenance...
- Learn and master the basic skills of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, & HVAC
- Assist Mentor in the preparation of apartments for occupancy
- Assist Mentor in maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC systems, and appliances
- Learn & master basic techniques for touch-up and full apartment painting
- Learn & master swimming pools and spa maintenance
- Learn and master preventive maintenance (interior and exterior) throughout the property
What we value...OUR PEOPLE
- Successful completion of the Service in Training curriculum and mentorship within 6 months
- Actively participate in a positive team environment via good communication and excellence in service
- Complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner
Attention to detail sets us apart...
- Assist Maintenance Mentor in service request completion
- Property upkeep, including trash pickup to assure pristine curb appeal
- Wear company uniform at all times and maintain a professional appearance while on duty
- Follow Weidner’s Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all Weidner policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as Fair Housing rules and regulations
Accomplishment through honesty, trust and mutual respect...
- Respond to and report accidents or emergency situations to the Community Director immediately
- Follow company key procedures
- Prompt with regular attendance; maintain a professional appearance while on duty
- Willing to be assigned to other Weidner properties as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong motivation to learn & contribute on a daily basis
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, swimming pool maintenance, irrigation systems, and HVAC systems; HVAC certification (where required)
- Able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push/pull up to 200 pounds
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Working knowledge of English; detail oriented, well organized
- Must agree to a criminal records background check and sign an agreement for voluntary drug testing
- Valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance with reliable transportation
This job description is a guide of expected duties. Additional duties may be assigned. The job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time.