Assistant Controller - Construction
Weidner Property Management is committed to teamwork, through a spirit of honesty, trust and mutual respect. While this job description is complete, some responsibilities may not be specifically addressed.
PERFORMANCE – Setting new standards
- Direct the daily activities of the accounting department for Complete Development and Complete Design
- Oversee the ongoing financial management of Development company projects utilizing existing and new financial templates and procedures
- Oversee and review work of Complete Development and Design accounting staff
- Manage the monthly close process in a prompt, timely and accurate manner including job costs integrity
- Oversee the preparation, review and analyze monthly financial reports
- Oversee the preparation of annual plans, forecasts (including cash), and budgets for construction activities
- Collaborate with internal department staff in the fulfillment of the above
- Collaborate with external venders, consultants and Contractors in the fulfillment of the above
What we value. . . OUR PEOPLE
- Actively participate in a positive team environment through teamwork, communication and excellence in service; communicate regularly with the Controller
- Always be courteous and helpful to vendors and associates
Customer Service – Responsive management and maintenance . . .
- Provide support to Complete Development and Complete Design staff
- Prepare and review monthly/quarterly deliverables for corporate and finance teams; conduct various month-end budget and financial review meetings
Attention to Detail sets us apart . . .
- Follow Weidner’s Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all Weidner policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as Fair Housing rules and regulations
- Monitor and maintain all accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness ensuring all accounting and contract files are maintained.
Accomplishment through honesty, trust and mutual respect. . .
- Prompt with regular attendance and maintain a professional appearance at all times while on duty
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Minimum seven years of relevant accounting experience in a leadership position
- Real Estate Development industry experience required
- Job cost accounting experience required
- CPA Preferred
- YARDI software experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of professionalism, ability to communicate with confidence and tact
- Must agree to a criminal background check and sign an agreement for voluntary drug testing
- Valid and current driver’s license