Commercial Leasing Manager
Weidner Apartment Homes is looking for a Commercial Leasing Manager in Kirkland!
Responsible for all leasing functions, which may include reviewing and negotiating lease transactions and agreements. The Commercial Leasing Manager oversees completion of all necessary paperwork and ensures proper customer service. Responsible for the productivity and budgetary performance of the leasing operations within the commercial department. Additionally, Commercial Leasing Manager develops and implements policies and procedures to improve efficiency and profitability of the department and monitors competitive trends in the marketplace.
Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
Performance – Setting New Standards . . .
- Assist in the day-to-day operational management of commercial properties consistent with policies, procedures, budgets, and business plans.
- Gather, analyze and report financial data required to provide accurate assessments of property performance to help support operational decisions.
- Assist with administration of commercial tenant leases to ensure accuracy and that they are in compliance with lease provisions; manage annual rent increases/escalations.
- Work with the Finance & Acquisitions and apartment management teams to ensure that the commercial department accomplishes the strategic objectives set by senior management.
- Oversee retail and office leasing functions throughout the portfolio.
- Develop and maintain relationships with retail/office leasing brokers.
- Manage commercial leasing of office and retail space in all Weidner regions; overseeing tenant improvements, lease renewals. Develop and maintain relationships with current and future commercial tenants.
- Responsible for developing and implementing lease renewal and tenant retention programs.
What we value. . . OUR PEOPLE
- Actively participate in a positive team environment through teamwork, communication, and excellence in service; communicate regularly with the Finance & Acquisitions Team.
- Work with Weidner Development Team to plan and design commercial spaces within new development projects.
- Communicates changing market conditions promptly with supervisors.
Customer Service – Responsive management and maintenance . . .
- Implement and manage tenant-focused relationship programs/processes which meet or exceed tenant expectations – while staying within budget parameters. Anticipate tenant needs, assure positive and prompt response to service requests -
- Facilitate communication between tenant and asset manager.
Attention to Detail sets us apart . . .
- Follow Weidner’s Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all Weidner policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as Fair Housing rules and regulations.
- Manage payables, consistent with approved budgets, contractor/supplier performance, corporate accounting directives and expense containment initiatives.
- Oversee and direct the daily activities of commercial leasing in accordance with organization policies and standards.
- Responsible for all leasing functions, which may include reviewing and negotiating lease transactions and agreements.
- Assist with evaluating commercial asset and mixed-use acquisition opportunities.
- Shop competition on a consistent basis.
Accomplishment through honesty, trust and mutual respect. . .
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times while on duty.
- Four-year degree with Finance or Real Estate emphasis.
- 5+ years’ experience in CRE, leasing or related industry.
- Experience in leasing retail and/or office space.
- Excellent math skills; strong analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Internal and external customer services skills are a priority .
- Possess strong operational and financial skill set.
- Business, Financial, and AR/AP experience a plus.
- Property Management experience a plus.
- Experience with Yardi a plus.
- Must agree to a criminal background check and sign an agreement for voluntary drug testing.
- Valid and current driver’s license.