Security Systems Project Manager
Performance – Setting New Standards . . .
- Support and maintain life safety and security systems: fire alarm, fire sprinkler, access control, video management, intrusion detection, digital phone systems, AV systems, and Telephone entry systems.
- Manages projects through the consistent use of centralized company database and provide timely project status reports
- Reviews bids and quotes and negotiates with vendors
- Anticipates and identifies problems and implements solutions
- Inspects the quality of the work done by vendors and directing correction when quality standards are not achieved
- Install, repair, and maintain IP based networks, communication systems and other various infrastructure
- Meet with vendors to perform site surveys and aid with system designs
- Provide technical support for customers, co-workers, and other construction units
- Install, troubleshoot, and document low voltage systems
- Create design drawings and budgetary estimates
- Attend meetings as required for individual projects
- Interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures
- Obtain and retain knowledge of current technologies in order to provide proficient and innovative solutions for new properties
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned by management
What we value. . . OUR PEOPLE
- Actively participate in a positive team environment through teamwork, communication and excellence in service; communicate regularly with the Director of Security & Communications.
Attention to Detail sets us apart . . .
- Follow Weidner’s Mission, Vision and Values and comply with all Weidner policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook and Policy and Procedure Manual, as well as Fair Housing rules and regulations.
- Maintains and organizes detailed, accurate, current, and complete records for all assigned projects. Develop documents as needed for technical reference.
Accomplishment through honesty, trust and mutual respect. . .
- Prompt with regular attendance; wear company uniform and maintain a professional appearance at all times while on duty.
- 5-7 years related experience in low-voltage systems and working knowledge with security, access control, CCTV, fire alarm systems, wireless systems, phone systems, audio and video, and infrastructure cabling.
- 5 years project management experience in low-voltage systems projects. Project management certification is a plus
- 3-5 years related experience in IP based networking and low-voltage in-building systems required
- Familiar with the principles, theories and general body of knowledge of electrical or electronic engineering
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and establishes rapport with users
- Demonstrates capacity for organization, prioritization, and management in a dynamically changing environment
- IT skills relating to network and router configurations and knowledge of IP based and electronic communication systems
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment
- Knowledge of basic electricity such as AC/DC theory, ohms law, ability to ready and understand a digital volt/ohm meter
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, customers and co-workers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to climb multi-level stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift 50lbs. and perform routine sitting, lifting, bending and kneeling
- Travel required: ~50% in US and Canada
- Ability to work remote
- Must agree to a criminal background check and sign an agreement for voluntary drug testing
- Valid and current Driver’s License
- Valid and current Passport