Medical Legal Project Manager
Job ID 2019-1795
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Responsible for managing Med Legal Review (MLR) submissions for a variety of Pharma Brand companies, including submitting in MLR Systems (Zinc, Viva Vault, etc)
- Develop and maintain constant knowledge of pharmaceutical company requirements, including but not limited to system and regulatory guidance and annotation guidelines
- Provide consultation and guidance to Account Managers on all MLR submission formats, with an eye on keeping programs aligned with Medscape Submissions Best Practices
- Leads monthly State Of The State touch base meetings with business partners to review challenges and wins, and identify partnership opportunities
- Coordinate capabilities and workload of freelance Resource Team; demonstrates the ability to match team members against project needs, skill sets, and deadline requirements
- Work with internal teams to educate them on client submission requirements in order to execute high-quality MLR submissions.
- Monitor day-to-day project tasks, identifying potential areas for delay and actively work with to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Escalates day-to-day task-related issues, acceleration, and prioritization requests to the Senior Manager, Compliance Ops
- Champion internal systems (i.e. Workfront) and processes for higher productivity
- Develop and maintain constant knowledge of Medscape Product offering and process as it relates to submissions and Pharma regulatory requirements
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience
- The appropriate candidate will have 4+ years in project management or operations, and experience working in a high-volume, process-oriented environment with a focus on online content development preferred.
- 4+ years relevant experience working in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare marketing preferred, direct experience working within pharmaceutical company requirements a plus
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines, working collaboratively with colleagues in Editorial, Content Management, Project Management and Account Management.
- Strong problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to troubleshoot issues independently before raising a flag to the other teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability handle multiple tasks/responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Experience using online workflow management tools (i.e Workfront)