Senior Program Manager, Med Ed Communications
Job ID 2021-3408
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
When you think about your strengths, do these characteristics describe you? “I’m great with people.” “I love nailing down details, over planning, and scrutinizing schedules.” “I am a master communicator and a natural coach or leader.” If so, we want you on our team! Medscape Education is seeking a motivated, adaptable, team-oriented Senior Program Manager to support our medical writing and content development departments.
By joining Medscape Education, the leading provider of online medical education for clinicians (medscape.org), you will lead teams to excel in your project’s specific goals. You will work with other talented team members across multiple departments to create print or digital educational materials. If you are looking for a career that provides you to opportunity to combine your natural organizational skills, ability to think on your feet to solve problems, and love of processes with your communication and leadership skills, this position will provide that for initiatives that truly make an impact on physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers and, thus, the lives of those around you.
What you’ll do
- Manage a portfolio of projects consistent with CME industry regulations and requirements to meet revenue expectations by:
- Leading regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders to communicate program goals and status
- Reviewing project plans, managing dependencies and critical path issues, and modifying schedules and/or project plans as necessary
- Mitigating project issues and identify potential for project accelerations; Offer creative solutions to overcome development issues
- Preparing/presenting project reports for all stakeholders
- Facilitate project execution within defined specifications
- Communicate company capabilities, processes and service to stakeholders as necessary
- Within assigned portfolio(s): oversee project lifecycle(s) comprised of a internal Content and Program development teams towards on-time publishing
- Serve as escalation point for resolution of project implementation issues and conflict resolution
- Assigning resources and target completion dates for new projects based on capacity modeling and project development timelines
- Modifying project template timelines and workflows to reflect the unique aspects to each project
- Tracking progress of projects and submitting status reports to management weekly
- Analyzing progress reports to identify at risk projects and present solutions to cross-functional leaders to mitigate delays
- Independently communicate to management on-time, accelerations and delays in projects that impact revenue recognition
Who YOU ARE
- A person who obtains satisfaction in the on-time, on-budget, within scope, delivery of projects, from initiation through completion
- Someone who excels at developing and fostering positive team dynamics
- Thrives in a role as a leader
- A true team player who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to help the department
- Smart communicator and good negotiator
- Comfortable in a highly deadline-driven environment, and able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Enjoys leveraging technology to make your job easier
- Live within commuting distance to our Newark office
- Have the ability to work overtime or travel for project assignments (post pandemic), as needed
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor Degree required; PMI certification a plus
- Minimum of three years’ progressively responsible project and process management experience required; within the healthcare environment or medical education environment strongly preferred
- Experience with accredited/continuing medical education materials a plus
- High professionalism, ability to work independently, and easy rapport in building collaborative work relationships
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills and possess an eye for details
- Ability to provide creative solutions independently or within a team dynamic as issues arise
- Must be enthusiastic, resilient, tenacious, and persuasive with excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent computer skills that includes working remotely on shared networks and cloud-based systems
- A high degree of proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and G-Suite required; and experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as SharePoint) and project management tools (such as Workfront)