Job ID 2019-1552
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Web Editor is responsible for the implementation and input of editorial/content of electronic newsletters, websites and special content for electronic business, consumer and healthcare products.
- Input and implement editorial content for the VM Group
- Write and copyedit articles, headlines, blurbs, decks, callouts and sidebars for the various electronic Vision Monday publications including the website, daily and weekly e-newsletters, magazines and special editorial supplements, and social media as needed.
- Initiate new web products and communication services
- Manage and execute daily and weekly websites and communications
- Work with editorial staff, sales and production/design to meet all deadlines as required for publications and/or postings
- Represent journal at media and trades show events
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Minimum of 3-5 years in editorial capacity managing electronic products
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Experience with daily news a plus
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, web development issues, Photoshop, Vimeo/other video platforms and direct experience with content management systems required
- Strong command of English grammar and usage
- Possess a meticulous eye for details and be internet savvy
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), PhotoShop and skills on a variety of computer and mobile devices for use on social networking
- Must have the ability to work independently, have a strong sense of responsibility, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Limited travel required