Intern - Multimedia Content Strategy
Job ID 2020-1927
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – Content Strategy
Summer Internship - 6/1-8/7
The Content Strategy Intern assists with researching user insights as they relate to health topics and makes content recommendations to serve our users and support a best-in-class brand experience.
The Content Strategy Intern should possess both creative and analytical skills to research content opportunities and ideate topics to fill gaps and better serve user needs. Successful candidates possess strong oral and written communications skills and are organized and detail oriented.
- Research health topics for new and updated content.
- Conduct competitive analyses around health-related content.
- Assist with recommendations for content optimizations, to ensure our content is easily findable and serves user needs.
- Assist with reporting and analysis of content performance.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Collaborative with a proven ability to work well with others both to complete projects and build working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with writing headlines, teaser copy, and content outlines desired.
- Web savvy with keen interest in usability and online content trends.
- A basic understanding of SEO is desirable but not required.
- Medical/health knowledge helpful but not required.
Will only consider candidates with an address on their resume that is within reasonable commuting distance to our office. Relocation/housing assistance is not available for this position.