Sr Marketing Specialist
Job ID 2021-2981
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position supports the Medscape Professional Sales team who sells engagement and advertising products primarily to biopharmaceutical and medical device companies. The Senior Marketing Specialist will provide support for approximately four to six sales reps in the form of presales deal configurations, optimization of target audience to be marketed to, entry of sold deal information into Salesforce, project management of custom deal presales requests and lead special project and intiatitves for the Marketing Solutions team. The Senior Marketing Specialist also serves as the source of information on sold deals to internal execution teams and will work with these teams to ensure information is communicated thoroughly and effectively. She/he needs to possess a strong attention to detail, the ability to form effective working relationships with a variety of sales reps, the skill to think outside the box to interpret and solve complex asks, and the ability to manage their time to work effectively during busy sales cycles.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Thorough knowledge of the technical details and strategic positioning of Medscape’s suite of products
- Partnering with Sales reps to create smart proposals for both custom digital campaigns and turn-key solutions that accomplish pharma brand objectives and engage users
- Strong understanding of Medscape’s targeting capabilities to provide strategic guidance on construction of audiences relevant to brand needs
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to support marketing audience construction and analysis
- Detailed understanding of Salesforce process to enter sold deal information for clear communication and transfer of information to program execution teams
- Coordination and management of internal teams to meet needs around custom presales requests
- Liaison between Sales force and internal departments (eg: Sales Planning, Business Intelligence, Client Services, Program Marketing, Finance, Contracting, Sales Ops) to create and communicate presales and sold deal information
- Manage special Marketing Solutions projects to create efficiencies and provide clearer communication and processes
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years online healthcare marketing, and/or sales development experience preferred
- Team player with strong organizational and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests and tasks from a variety of Sales rep partners
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required