WebMD Magazine - Copy Editor
Job ID 2019-1713
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking a Copy Editor to join a small copy edit team in the Atlanta office. The Copy Editor will work on all types of WebMD editorial content with a primary focus on print. The Copy Editor must have strong editing and teamwork skills, helping to ensure timely production and updates of editorial content.
- Copy editing WebMD original content, paying particular attention to style, voice, tone, and plain language.
- Deep knowledge of AP style.
- Excellent command of the English language – vocabulary, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Obsessive approach to proofreading with a desire and ability to find and fix mistakes and typos.
- Work with magazine production team to ensure on-time delivery of all assets for our print products including WebMD Magazine, infographics, and specialized topic-focused guides.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years copy editing experience.
- Previous magazine or print experience is required.
- G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar) preferred.
- Microsoft Word required.
- Content management systems.