Intern - Content Development/Editorial Services
Job ID 2019-1242
"Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status."
Medscape Education is seeking a passionate, adaptable, and team-oriented intern to support our Editorial Services department. In joining Medscape Education, the leading provider of online medical education for clinicians (medscape.org),
you will help manage our libraries and databases, develop and/or coordinate the flow of the various supporting editorial materials used to create our content across multiple international teams on a wide range of medical topics. If you are
thinking about a future career in publishing, this position will provide you with insight into the medical education arena and give you a foundation for future growth. The bonus is that you will be contributing to initiatives that truly make an impact on physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers and, thus, the lives of those around you.
What You’ll Do:
· Compile and organize a database of questions by therapeutic area for use by medical content editors and writers
· Verify and correct reference citation details in our journal article database
· Enter/revise faculty credentials and affiliations in our author database
· Support the acquisition process for obtaining new references/images and other materials used to create content
· Write small content pieces
· Other projects as assigned
Who You Are:
· A self-motivated and extremely organized student with a positive attitude who loves varied assignments
· Strong technology skills including cloud-based systems
· Possessing excellent writing and grammar skills
· Strong time/project management skills
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
· Able to work independently and in a group setting
· Someone with a strong attention to detail who gains satisfaction in the accuracy and consistency of your work
· Live within commuting distance to our New York City office
• Minimum 3.2 GPA
• Enrolled in Undergrad and returning for the Fall 2019 semester.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
· Enrolled in a curriculum with heavy concentration of English and/or biological sciences courses highly preferred
· Above average ability to use Gmail and Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Experience with cloud-based storage systems (e.g., Dropbox, Google Docs, iCloud files) a plus
· Critical and creative thinking abilities
*No relocation/housing assistance is available for this position