Associate Data Reporting Analyst
Job ID 2019-1471
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is searching for a driven, self-motivated Business Intelligence Data Analyst and Report developer, for our New York Business Intelligence division. This person will have access to cutting edge VLDB (very large database) Columnar Databases and MPP technology and business analysis tools including Omniture Site Catalyst and Tableau to support their data analysis and exploration. This person will work as part of a team of seasoned analysts and developers with opportunities for collaboration using SQL in a big data environment and employing the latest in analytic database capabilities. This position will be responsible for working with our Marketing and Editorial teams to understand their initiatives, identify reporting needs, vet requirements, design and develop reports, analyze output and present finding.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
- Creating and maintaining reporting documentation and user guides
- Creating insightful, easy to understand reports that meet business needs
- Delivering trend analyses for website, registration and marketing activities
- Providing daily/weekly/monthly reports and insights into changing patterns with an understanding of business initiatives that may be driving the changes
- Delivering timely accurate ad-hoc reports as requested by the business
- Participating in advanced analytics projects to understand and measure success of programs, including click through analysis, retention, re-engagement and A/B testing.
- Providing historical performance, trending and benchmarking analysis
- Investigating changes in traffic, engagement, retention and click through and assisting in identifying root causes.
- Providing counsel on email and site tagging to facilitate tracking and reporting
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of professionals interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, statistics or a related discipline, or 4 years of experience in data analysis.
- 2+ years’ experience with databases including SQL Server or Oracle, an advanced degree in computer science or statistics may be substituted for experience
- Advanced SQL skills- must be able to write SQL queries from scratch without the aid of query writing tools
- 1+ years of practical experience with Excel. Must be proficient with advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Experience working through problems and reaching a workable solution
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient with the ability to create intelligent, creative, and action-oriented results
- Experience in a role that requires assimilating and explaining data relationships and providing insights to help deliver business results
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture (preferred) and Google Analytics
- Experience with reporting and analyzing web metrics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with database query tools, either Oracle Developer or Toad
... and if you have the following, even better!
- Experience in report writing and reporting applications.
- Experience with Vertica is a plus
- Experience with Omniture is preferred
- Experience with Tableau is a big plus
- Experience with source control, especially Subversion
- Experience working on a Linux reporting platform