HR Business Partner
Job ID 2022-3712
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for providing HR support to several business groups. This position will help ensure that the company attracts, develops, and retains high-quality talent to support the organization's growth objectives. The HRBP will focus on the full employee lifecycle including workforce planning, on-boarding, talent development, performance management, employee relations, and compensation.
- Partner with business leaders on organization design, including collaboration on staffing needs which can scale and support accelerated growth
- Headcount management and compensation planning for new functions, incremental staff or backfills/replacements. This includes making recommendations on level, base, bonus/incentive comp, and reporting structure for all positions submitted for approval/to recruiting.
- Work with recruiting team and business leaders to ensure all open positions are filled as quickly as possible - which includes making appropriate course corrections if there are delays
- Talent management: Support the business with performance indicators, succession planning, & career paths/development
- Employee relationship management and coaching
- M&A integration and assimilation into WebMD systems/policies
- Support client groups in all annual corporate initiatives which will be administered centrally: performance reviews, merit, bonus, mid-year check ins, etc.
- Share HR data trends, onboarding/offboarding, term data themes with business leaders.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Partners with HR colleagues to ensure seamless delivery of HR strategy and programs
- Provides guidance and input on organizational changes and workforce planning
- Experience in technology, healthcare-related and/or digital media industries a plus
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation, employee relations, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Good judgment in maintaining confidentiality of employee and company information as well as understanding appropriate escalation
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and HRIS systems
- High accountability, proactive approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- BA/BS Degree in HR, Business or related major or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years’ experience providing direct client support as an HR business partner for an exempt, salaried workforce