Job ID 2019-1454
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Marketing Specialist is an integral member of the Medscape program marketing team. This position is responsible for creating and managing the direct marketing plans to achieve contractual traffic goals for direct-to-consumer/patient promotional programs, such as funded microsites/destinations. The role encompasses the tracking, analysis, reporting and optimization of complex marketing campaigns. For the successful candidate, this position offers great opportunity and exposure to marketing analysis and related communications while working in an exciting and highly motivated environment.
In this role you will:
- Create, execute, and optimize direct-to-consumer marketing plans to ensure traffic goals are met for promotional online programs
- Review and approve all marketing materials in development, including copy, creative, and layout
- Ensure best practices are followed
- Closely track performance of tactics and progress of programs on a daily basis, adjusting marketing tactics as necessary to meet client objectives and contracted deliverables.
- Analyze traffic of all programs and provide strategic analysis of campaigns/creative units
- Optimize list targeting and segmentation to improve response rates and overall yield
- Interface directly with sales and internal teams on specific program performance
- Cross-functionally manage all internal teams, including business intelligence, project management, and production teams, around tracking and reporting of marketing tactics and overall campaign
- 1+ years combined experience in any of the following: sales operations, digital marketing related field, i.e. Digital agency, digital analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field; or an additional 4 years of experience in a marketing role
- Experience in digital marketing, including email, media, and reporting
- Advanced MS Excel and Access skills
- Experience working directly with a sales team, i.e., sales deployment, sales analytics, sales
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible, accountable and result-driven
- Ability to multi-task