Executive Director of Data Platform and Engineering
Job ID 2020-2228
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Own the strategic vision and the technology roadmap for our data platform to meet the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Deliver and execute a plan to modernize the data infrastructure and tools to efficiently support both operational and analytical data workloads.
- Lead and help build a global team of high-performing data engineers, architects, and administrators.
- Define and implement best practices for all data management data governance and data integration processes and tools.
- Effectively and collaboratively prioritize data-related projects, balancing goals and dependencies from internal and external stakeholders, including product teams, technology, marketing, business leaders and partners.
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years experience in managing and mentoring data engineering teams and platforms.
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data
- Thorough understanding of clickstream data, customer-centric data platforms, marketing data sources, and integration with online marketing activation channels.
- In depth knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and Streaming data platforms
- Strong understanding of SQL and working knowledge of using SQL for various reporting and transformation needs.
- Demonstrated success in building an environment which fosters and rewards collaboration, accountability, and trust
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills across every level of the organization,
- Experience applying Agile to data engineering.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience.