Job ID 2023-4920
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape, the source for healthcare professionals looking for health and wellness information, is seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our Marketing Solutions department.
This is not a direct-selling role; it is a sales support role but strong business development savvy is critical.
This position reports to an Associate Director of Marketing Solutions. The primary role is to provide day-to-day sales support within our global Professional business sector (i.e. Medscape.com). Our global Marketing Solutions team supports over 20 Professional Sales Reps in Europe and LATAM and their customers spanning Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device as well as Pharmaceutical and Interactive Agencies.
The ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented, comfortable working in fast-paced environment, global pharmaceutical physician marketing and interactive advertising experience with a keen ability to oversee multiple areas of our business.
Day-to-day Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support for all sales configuration related functions including
- Manage a queue of requests to create program strategy, guarantees, and pricing
- Inter-departmental interface to develop and release physician promotion configurations
- Understand Medscape’s global product suite and associated business rules, and international pricing.
- Understand international pharmaceutical marketing requirements and make sales suggestions in order to maintain compliance for client
- Liaison between field force and all other Professional Network internal departments, e.g. inventory team, program delivery, business intelligence, etc.
- Manage Salesforce data entry and update communications for deals among the sales force and the global Marketing Solutions team for assigned sales reps
- Update and educate sales force to reinforce value proposition and market positioning of professional MD/HCP products, marketing data and new marketing initiatives
- Must be comfortable working within Salesforce and Excel to enter all relevant sales information for the organization