Manager, Account Management
Job ID 2023-4746
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR? integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best?
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Manager of Account Management is responsible for leading a high performing team of Account Managers focused on customer retention, growth and overall satisfaction for our Patient Engagement customers.
This position includes directing the development of Account Managers in support of reaching annual retention rate quotas, revenue expansion targets, and maintaining client satisfaction within a specified list of accounts; focusing on the Company’s full suite of products and solutions. The Manager of Account Management will be expected to travel with Account Managers to meet with key decision makers and influencers. Additionally, the Manager of Account Management will understand patient engagement strategies (both clinical and marketing), be able to map existing solutions to client needs for upsells and collaborate with the Director of Account Management and other key stakeholders within the company to understand and resolve critical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attract, retain and develop qualified, high performing staff to serve as relationship managers for specified accounts. Manage the divisional areas(s) which assist in identifying new business and in meeting both new and current clients’ needs in a way that ensures client satisfaction.
- Provide consultation to employees or directly to clients on program best practices, industry developments and other current and relevant strategic topics.
- Provide ongoing consultation on all aspects of program/product/service strategy and incentives.
- Accurately manage client billing, revenue and activity forecasting, performance guarantees and annual budget/contract renewals.
- Provide regular reports to clients on budget, delivery timelines, activity, evaluation, program/product/service recommendations and strategic plans.
- Work with Client Service teams or similar to develop client-specific work-plans. Monitor the program/product/service delivery to ensure contract requirements and client expectations are met.
- Communicate client needs in a timely and effective manner to the Client Service team and any other appropriate departments. Track projects through completion and implementation.
- Directly manage relationships with clients' other vendor partners as appropriate.
- Lead or provide direct support on business development pursuits within the assigned book of business (BOB).
- Identify and sponsor client-specific or BOB research initiatives designed to benefit clients, the organization and the industry at-large.
- Serve as a direct support to Sales for new business opportunities.
- Serve as sponsor for select strategic projects and product development efforts.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a position business plan to determine strategy and tactics to achieve revenue goals.
- Interact with the internal operations group or similar groups to assure an on-time delivery of all projects.
- Develop and grow productive relationships with prominent clients by cultivating and overseeing the implementation of revenue-generating opportunities and business relationships and maintaining a strong knowledge of the client’s business objectives and goals and the market in general.
- Develop account management team vision and strategy in conjunction with senior leadership and the Group/Division Controller or finance personnel in order to meet sales quotas.
- Record all client project time on a weekly or as needed basis as applicable.
- Use the time reporting system; signing and reporting all exception time on a weekly basis.
- Complete other administrative tasks, such as travel and expense reporting or similar, in a timely manner.
- Perform responsibilities in a professional manner, meeting the Company’s mission and goals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in a business-related field such as health, communications or business management from a four (4) year college or university required;
- Masters Degree (MA) or equivalent preferred;
- At least five (5) years experience and/or training in health, account or sales management; or equivalent combination of education and experience with a focus on account management required.
- Two (2) years or more experience building and managing high-performance individuals and teams preferred.
Salary Range: $100k - $110k. Commission Eligible.