Quality Assurance Lead
Job ID 2019-1393
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We are seeking a driven QA Lead who loves to challenge the Dev Team, is excited to work on multiple projects simultaneously and continuously looks to improve the testing cycles/processes a company follows but also prefers to work on a small, startup-like team, within a much larger organization. Is that you?
If so, MedSims is located in Durham, NC, and delivers the leading Virtual Patient Simulation platform on the market. Our award-winning medical simulations improve the knowledge, competence, and performance of medical professionals to truly impact patient care. Aside from our core simulation products, we are embarking on into other products to continue to engage and educate medical students and experienced clinicians. You will be integral in the continuous evolving of these new applications. As a new member of our work family, you will be a part of our QA engineering team, but will also work closely with our UX/UI, product, analytics and simulation team here in Durham.
The types of things you’ll do:
- Responsible for overseeing and training a remote QA team
- Make recommendations and changes to improve processes
- Put together the long-term QA strategy for the company
- Accountable for managing test environments
- Be the primary contact for all QA questions
- Ensure cross-browser and device testing periodically
- Participate in the end-to-end automation testing development/continuous evolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- Proven ability to lead a QA team
- 2+ years of experience as a QA Supervisor and/or Lead
- Comfortable being a part of an automation tool selection process
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven prior experience working with remote QA engineers
- Strong leadership abilities that transfer into successfully teaching, mentoring, and coaching developers and a broader QA team
- Deep understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Comfort in delivering presentations to senior leadership or non-technical stakeholders
- Web application and mobile development experience
- Strong experience with web usability and accessibility standards
- Solid understanding of CI and how to improve the processes involved in it
- Unwavering desire to try new technical approaches