Sr Manager, Partnership Relationship Development & Contracts
Job ID 2022-4048
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape (and its parent company WebMD) is seeking an experienced and dynamic person to initiate and manage a roster of relationships with professional societies/associations, academic institutions, government agencies. Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Partnerships on Medscape and Frontline Medical Communications, this individual will grow existing partnerships and cultivate new small to mid-size strategic partners in order to support the business. Additionally, the role will support our editorial team on core initiatives/deliverables as part of the overall strategy for partnerships across Medscape and Frontline.
This role is responsible for drafting contracts, and oversight of all deliverables associated with the partners, serving as the main point of contact for his/her partners, and leading small to mid-size partner development efforts. Individual will also work closely with the Executive Director of Strategic Partnerships on larger scale opportunities and initiatives as part of the overall partner program.
- Management of assigned (existing) partner relationships to maximize efficiency and troubleshoot any issues of concern
- Development and implementation of plan to transition specific ‘tactical’ partners to a more strategic and comprehensive (warm) relationship model FBO EED and revenue opportunities
- Spearhead new partnership initiatives for small and mid-size partners targets as determined by leadership
- Assist in contract preparation and track implementation of new contracts
- Monitor performance of partners and partner initiatives (reviewing reports, creating quarterly presentations for partners etc.) to ensure all goals are met and to surface new opportunities for the partnership.
- Oversight of creation of promotional materials as needed for, partner, or special content initiatives
- Provide regular, thorough communication regarding partnership status, EED or Core partnership program implementation and delivery and performance statistics.
- Must have broad experience in relationship management, partnership development, working in a matrix organization with cross functional teams.
- Strong communications, organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills required
- Knowledge of publishing, medical publishing a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills Capable of developing strong relationships with internal teams and external partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-6 years’ experience negotiating and managing partner relationships
- Experience managing partners
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strategic problem solver (can turn a challenge into an opportunity)
- Can manage multiple high value initiatives at the same time
- Experience presenting and “consulting/selling” to senior staff at external organizations
This position requires, basic knowledge of contracts, strong communication and analytical skills, and will include daily interaction with external partners, internal staff and cross-functional teams including EED, pre- sales, strategy, editorial, and others.