Job ID 2021-3454
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
In collaboration with the Senior Director of Business of Medicine, the Sr. Report Editor is responsible for the editorial development and scaling of major annual and individual reports intended to drive traffic to Medscape and WebMD. The senior editor is responsible for meeting traffic targets in these specialties and tracking progress against goals.
The Senior Report Editor will be responsible for all phases of report development including: developing ideas and questions for survey reports, using information gathered from physicians/audience members and industry experts; working with Market Science on the fielding, target numbers, and deadlines for survey data; developing the narrative and captions for the slideshows or other report formats; working with designers/outside contractors to produce the slideshows; work with Public Relations director and Marketing dept. to promote the reports.
The Senior Report Editor will assume the work for most of the reports currently written/developed by the BOM Senior Director. That currently includes about 6 major reports per year, with 30+ associated slideshows; as well as about 6 additional reports per year. The responsibilities of this job will also include more outtakes of those reports. Additionally, the Senior Report Editor will look to add an additional 6 professional reports per year, with all the associated responsibilities.
The Senior Report Editor will:
- Develop ideas, research, and develop survey questions in subject areas relevant to Business of Medicine including Compensation, lifestyle, malpractice, ethics, electronic health record, side gigs, and other reports.
- Additionally, work with clinical editors to develop key survey reports based on clinical topics.
- Develop ideas, research and contribute to survey development of consumer audience ideas for important WebMD surveys.
- Coordinate editorial assets required for BOM Report (eg Compensation Report, Insurer Ratings Report, EHR Report, Ethics and other). Assets include report captions, tags, discussions, polls, etc. Contribute concepts for future reports as well.
- Monitor traffic and performance of reports
- 7-10 years’ experience in feature trade or consumer reporting
- Ability to determine appropriate subjects, conduct interviews, and write captions
- Ability to understand statistics, margin of error, ‘correlation vs causation’, etc.
- Possess excellent editorial (writing, editing, and idea development) skills
- Minimum of college degree Journalism preferred
- Extensive and proven writing and editing
- Experience in a large medical education and/or medical communications company and/or professional medical publisher preferred
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with working and producing content on the Internet.
- Attention to detail, fact-checking, and review of survey slide content for accuracy