Creative Resource Manager
Job ID 2019-1656
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Creative Resource Manager
WebMD, the most recognized and trusted brand of health information, is looking for a Creative Resource Manager to support our consumer design team which supports multiple business units—branded content, pre-sale marketing, site and sponsorships. The Creative Resource Manager will report directly to the Creative Director and will be responsible for managing the project schedules and resourcing for the WebMD Graphic/UX design group, partnering with stakeholders across design, product, editorial, site and product marketing teams. The core focus of the role will be focused on interpreting and documenting project/business requirements, resource allocation—providing support across all Consumer Design initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, articulate, problem solver who has an eye for design and can translate business requirements to the design team to ensure projects are properly interpreted, documented and executed upon.
- Supervise in-house design team’s progress on a daily basis, ensuring creative deliverables stay in line with project brief, brand identity, intent and purpose, and on schedule.
- Manage and streamline staffing, utilization and capacity planning by evaluating the available creative resources (craft, work style, and workload) against creative needs.
- Brief Creative Director on all requests received.
- Manage bandwidth across multiple timelines concurrently.
- Brainstorm best approaches and creative solutions to project requests.
- Supervise the collection and organization of all project specifications and business requirements
- Organize project kick-off, check-in, design reviews, and brainstorm meetings as necessary.
- Monitor creative hours spent on projects to develop best practices and timelines for deliverables
- Able to capture business requirements and communicate those downstream to individual designers
- Ownership of project tracker
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years experience in project management
- Experience in marketing, advertising, social, creative agency, or media organization
- Fluent understanding of the design and creative production process
- Experience in managing complex projects with cross-functional teams, and can think in both “short-and-long term”
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous design experience a plus