Front End Developer
Job ID 2021-3568
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Education: B.E. Computer Science/IT degree (or any other engineering discipline)
Shift Timings: US Shift (6 PM to 3 AM)
Experience: 1 to 3 years
Position Requirement: Medscape is currently searching for a Front Developer who will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining complex web applications for the WebMD Professional website, with limited supervision from technical leads. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to implement all design and development and be able to take the product through production.
• Proven experience hand-coding HTML using semantic markup, the latest W3C web standards, and CSS layout / positioning
• Experience in front-end web design/development.
• Experience with designing and developing web-based applications for moderate to high traffic sites.
• Ability to define and deliver high visibility projects in a timely manner
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) are also critical success factors in this role
• Prior Health Information Services Knowledge will be preferred
Role & Responsibility:
• Deliver integrated application components to Testing and Quality Assurance team.
• Serve as a technical liaison among technical, account, creative and content teams.
• Translate wireframes/PSDs into launch-ready, valid HTML/CSS
• Designing, coding, testing, defect management, and production support (in collaboration with various internal teams)
• Implement solutions to support bug fixes and enhancements
• Ensure cross-browser compatibility
• Demonstrated experience with delivering web-based applications and dealing with the challenges of compatibility, scalability, and performance.
• End-to-end understanding of development processes, organization, and techniques in order to drive the creation of optimal solutions.
• Working knowledge of defect tracking and configurations management systems able to perform and lead root-cause analysis (JIRA)
• Prior responsibilities that required communication and coordination across different groups: e.g., Account Management, QA, and Editorial.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to handle number of simultaneous projects, demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion and be successful in a collaborative environment.