Job ID 2020-2210
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is looking for a full-time SEO Manager to join our Atlanta, GA team! The SEO Manager’s primary goal will be to maximize the volume of inbound organic traffic for our portfolio of Health properties. They will act as the primary point of contact for SEO on assigned brands and provide direction guiding strategic product decisions and business initiatives that are tied our websites working with other SEO professionals within the WebMD group of businesses. The right candidate for this role will have a proven track record with SEO success and will have worked with all different parts of the business. In doing so, this individual should feel comfortable challenging the status quo in an effort to foster positive change taking shape in different website and product improvements to enhance SEO performance.
While this role focuses largely on technical SEO and content, in-bound linking will recommendations are also critical to success. Auditing large websites with hundreds of thousands of pages is a core job function as well as finding opportunities to improve SEO fundamentals such as:
- Sitemap files
- URL Structure
- Index Coverage
- Crawl Budget
- Internal Links
- Page Speed
Having excellent presentation skills; the ability to pitch new ideas; and to showcase results to C-level executives, product managers and technical leads is key to the Senior SEO Specialist position.
- Conceive and communicate SEO recommendations and performance summaries to key-level executives
- Prepare and report on key metrics and present results to C-level executives, senior VPs and product leads monthly
- Identify trends, successes, and opportunities for improved outcomes
- Partner with technical leads and draft requirements for developers to make on-going website enhancements
- Lead conversations and give presentations during our SEO team knowledge shares on hot topics in the industry and help continue to invest in the team’s personal as well as the department’s growth
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of SEO experience
- 4+ years working on large scale websites’ SEO
- Interest and excitement around SEO and staying current in a constantly evolving industry
- Highly organized, proactive with a proven track record of delivering results that drive organic search traffic growth
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of website best practices and factors which influence rankings and indexation within search engines
- Experience building relationships and building partnerships with various parts of the business including editorial, product, and technology
- Understanding of major search algorithms.
- Proficient with the following tools or similar:
- Google Search Console
- Site Crawlers such as Screaming Frog or Xenu LinkSleuth
- Page Speed Testing Tools such as Lighthouse
- Keyword Research Tools such as SEMRush or SpyFu
- Keyword Rank Tracking Tools such as SEOClarity or STAT
- Project Management Tools such JIRA
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs/Sheets
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics
- Experience with Omniture/Site Catalyst web metrics a big plus
- Experience with Log File analysis is a plus
- AMP and/or PWA knowledge is a plus
- For consideration, you must be able to provide at least 1 recent domain to showcase your SEO experience