Web Application Developer
Job ID 2020-1901
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly, and open environment with a team that offers high level exposure.
- Develop responsive, multi-screen enterprise web and mobile web applications and APIs using modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, VueJs, RequireJS)
- Engage in the full lifecycle of a project beyond development including unit tests, documentation, deployment and maintenance.
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Product, UX/Design, Project Managers, Backend Developers and QA. Offer input on technical design, UI and product features.
- Mentor other developers, including peer reviewing code and pair programming
- Evaluate best practices for development and actively participate in testing automation, code design and front-end architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technology, or a total of at least 4 years’ experience in IT and Development
- Experience working with HTML5 APIs (Video/Audio, Local Storage, History, Canvas Animation)
- Experience with basic jQuery, including writing modules
- Experience developing Responsive, multiscreen (desktop/tablet/mobile) layouts with HTML5/CSS3/VueJS.
- Experience programming using RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile development
- Hands on coding
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems logically and systematically
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with tight deadlines
- Advanced time management and estimation skills with the ability to work multiple projects in various stages of SDLC
- Effectively work independently and as a team member
- Experience with version control software, Git preferably
- Experience developing microservice-based architecture
- Familiar with unit testing frameworks like Mocha or Jasmine