Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Description: Director, Email Marketing - Professional Brands
The Director, Email Marketing is an integral member of the team who is responsible for driving revenue by managing the email channel across various healthcare brands within the Medscape commercial organization umbrella including MD /alert and MDEdge, amongst other brands. The role requires managing a team of digital producers for multiple brands who execute on a myriad of customer email programs as well as bringing innovation in email management to commercial revenue-generating products, as well as determining the strategy of content deployment, and monitoring and management of all IPs associated with products.
This role will consistently evaluate current operations of the email business and provide strategic recommendations on fundamental changes to the operations to drive user engagement with commercial products. In addition, day-to-day responsibilities of this role include ensuring seamless revenue delivery across a team of producers, warming up new IPs for email delivery, leading the operational deployment schedules with the email producer team, as well as interfacing with Sales, Account Management, BI and Marketing Operations to test and roll out new functionalities or operational recommendations. This person will need to present strategic recommendations and subsequent business cases to senior-level management in order to create quantifiable value to the organization.
- Consistently monitor, evaluate and report on Medscape brands email IPs’ health and status
- Bringing innovation in email management to Medscape products, including new technology solutions, email metrics
- Provide strategic recommendations and drive results in the efficiency of email operations and user engagement
- Be the voice of email technology for brands within the Medscape umbrella, providing email expertise, thought leadership and best practices to all functions within Medscape
- Manage Medscape-partner email databases, contracts and implementation/usage within Medscape products
- Evaluate new email partnerships including technology, sources and solutions to help drive the email business within Medscape
- Work in partnership with Marketing Operations, Account Management, Email Producers on developing a content strategy plan for creation and implementation
- Conduct in-depth analytical research into response/engagement across multiple healthcare professional cohorts
- Configure and perform testing and multi-list static splits for extended testing
- Work with Marketing Operations to quantifiably reduce the email volume and throughput required for campaigns to hit necessary user engagement goals
- Build propensity-based attributes within the user membership to help increase user engagement
- Perform opt-out analysis and recommend and deploy strategies to reduce opt out rates
- Work closely with sales and product in developing new media opportunities and email products.
- Development and ownership of high-level email program analytics, metrics, and reporting for stakeholders across the organization. Presentation of insights and findings.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of email marketing including business strategy, creative development, deliverability, testing and optimization, database segmentation, data analytics, mobile optimization, CAN-SPAM, and HTML coding.
- Regularly refactor and audit email processes and products to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the email program. Test and measure approach.
- Primary point-of-contact with external ESP, leading any necessary support calls and RFP’s.
- Standardize and maintain branding across all email campaigns.
- Oversee high-level launch calendars to maximize user experience and engagement.
- Identify opportunities to test and learn, from simple AB to multivariate.
- Provide across the board training and evangelize best practices in order to ensure all groups are following industry-wide best practices.
- Educate all internal email groups on new tools, changing industry trends, and new coding developments.
- Troubleshoot all email issues including templates, programs, API, and list segmentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a related degree
- 10+ years’ experience in email marketing. Publishing experience preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience leading an email team.
- Strong Email HTML/CSS coding knowledge.
- Experience with enterprise level ESPs (e.g. Adobe, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, WhatCounts, HigherLogic)
- Deep knowledge of email best practices, CAN-SPAM
- Strong technical understanding of marketing and email technologies and tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal. Ability to translate technical requirements into logical strategy.
- HTML/ CSS (need)
Experience with the following software:
- Advanced MS Excel (Lookups, Pivot Tables, Macros, Charts/Graphs, Complex Formulas)
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Campaign; Adobe Analytics; Photoshop
- Return Path (e.g. Inbox tools)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint