Intern - Corporate Apps Engineer
Job ID 2021-2954
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern- Corporate Apps Engineer
Summer Internship – 6/7 – 8/20
Gain experience in application development, data/systems integrations, data analysis and reporting, with application to HR, Sales, Financial, and Health domain use cases.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
- Troubleshoot and provide application support to various business end users
- Perform analysis and translate business needs and to create solution requirements documentation. This will include areas of integrations, business intelligence, and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Work closely with internal customers, technical staff, and QA to ensure the solution deliverables satisfy business requirements
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes, including collaboration with the business stakeholders, developing UAT criterion and test cases
- Develop and/or update FAQs and user documentation to support project implementation activities
- Will perform data manipulation and analysis
- Will develop ad-hoc reports
What You Need For This Position (minimum qualifications)
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Demonstrate understanding of process flows and basic accounting concept.
- Basic understanding with one of the following: Microsoft, SQL query and server; writing and executing queries
- Demonstrate strong writing skills
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks and balance multiple deadlines
- Proven ability to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills
- Eager to learn new corporate applications, concepts, technologies and integrations
- History of success in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Candidate must demonstrate creative problem solving skills
- Computer Science /IS/ IM/Accounting/ Mathematics or graduate in other related field