Developer - Recent/Upcoming Grad Program
Job ID 2021-2950
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This apprenticeship program will pay $20/hr through the summer and then candidates that have performed successfully can be offered either a salaried position with the company or continue part-time while they complete their studies.
The Java Backend Development Intern will have the opportunity to make contributions within the technology team while simultaneously learning from experts currently working within the field. They will participate in experiences to gain professional skills and work as a member of the agile team with responsibility for certain deliverables.
- Development of the shared Java libraries using Object Oriented Programing concepts
- Assist with special projects and technology initiatives.
- Organize and manage Java code in the GIT based code repository
- Unit test functions using JUnit testing framework
- Document business logic inside the Java classes and maintain confluence page if required
- Demonstrate the progress on weekly basis
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Matriculating student for graduation in spring or fall of 2021.
- Computer Science major
- Passionate to learn Web application development frameworks and their application in the Health portal
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming in Java/J2EE
- Understanding of the HTTPS communication protocol
- Understanding of the distributed architecture
- Good knowledge of the code hosting platform like GitHub for version control and collaboration
- Basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge/ Experience working with REST API