Job ID 2019-1474
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD/Medscape is looking for a qualified Creative Director to work in our NYC office. The Creative Director will focus on leading all marketing design efforts for the high-production Medscape Education marketing and graphics teams. Acting as a player/coach, the Creative Director will complete design work and act as a mentor for a team of designers. While managing design requests and assignments, the Creative Director will create a best practice approach to increasing production, improving processes, and managing costs. The Creative Director will be in tune with the latest design practices and frequently share to educate the team and keep designs current.
- Managing and mentoring US in-house and freelance designers
- Managing and mentoring Global in-house (London-based) and freelance designers
- Identifying ways to improve design and processes
- Creating new design templates to keep materials current
- Sharing best practices with team members to elevate design capabilities consistently
- Leading design initiatives and discussions cross-function
Skills and capabilities:
- Proactive, with a strong sense of self-direction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage key internal stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused
- Resourceful with ability to quickly take projects from idea to execution
- Strategic and creative thinker, inquisitive and willing to evaluate/change current processes if identified
- Comfortable with presenting to internal and external stakeholders
- 4-year degree in art, graphic design, or other creative design field or equivalent years of related experience.
- 10+ years graphic design experience
- 5+ years managing a team of designers
- Portfolio that demonstrates a variety of design projects for high level audiences
- Understanding of both print and digital design and execution
- Experience managing team budgets
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.