Senior Statistical Analyst
Job ID 2022-4310
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is looking to hire an experienced statistician in a Senior Statistical Analyst role to support its growing CPG and Professional Services business. The Senior Statistical Analyst will be responsible for hands-on development of various analytical models as well as for collaborating with external analytical partners to measure impact of WebMD’s DTC and HCP campaigns. The individual will have a strong emphasis on market research and will help resolve various business problems through statistical modeling and by providing actionable insights.
The ideal candidate will have the following skillset:
- Statistical Modeling: Strong knowledge of statistical data modeling, including descriptive and predictive modeling.
- Statistical Programing: Ability to write SAS and R programs to build complex processes and models
- Foundational Skills: Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think creatively with data, and ability to present research findings to clients at a level appropriate for the audience. Ability to develop insights from research and data to support various purposes within the organization including sales, PR and campaign impact demonstration.
- Market Research: Strong knowledge of market research, including methodologies, statistics, and relevant software and platforms. Ideal candidate would understand and have experience in medical claims data research and healthcare industry promotion value measurement.
- Business Minded: Ability to focus on driving business objectives with analytically rigorous solutions; convert data insights into actionable next steps for clients.
- Third Party Data: Strong understanding of third party data sources and their use in pharma markets (e.g., IQVIA, Symphony Health solutions).
- Education: BA (in statistics, mathematics or economics) or Equivalent experience
- Advanced work in several projects/initiatives within a quantitative discipline
- 4+ years of relevant experience in marketing analytics or media effectiveness measurement
- Experience in CPG, pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries
- Experience with analytic techniques, such as regression analysis, logistic regression, sales forecasting, promotion response/value prediction, advertising effectiveness, consumer profiling, marketing mix modeling and ROI measurement.
- Experience with statistical power analysis, estimation and hypothesis testing (e.g., control vs exposed evaluation, margin of error estimation, variance estimation)
- Experience using statistical techniques relevant to market research (e.g., sampling, clustering, stratification)
- Experience working on analytical studies from: interacting with stakeholders to understand their business questions, crafting appropriate methodologies, to mine/analyze datasets utilizing either SAS, SPSS, R or SQL and ultimately delivering actionable recommendations to stakeholders