Executive Director/VP Sales
Job ID 2022-4510
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is seeking an experienced of sales leader to join the EngagedMedia division who has demonstrated superior sales growth and leadership. In this role, the successful candidate will both hire and manage a team of sales account executives who are responsible for developing new sales opportunities, managing existing program sales, and developing go-to-market strategies for new product verticals within the pharmaceutical industry. Since this executive will be responsible for managing and growing some of our key accounts along with helping shape the direction of our next phase of growth, he or she will play an important leadership role within the organization and will make a critical and significant contribution to our sales, revenue, and overall success in the future. We are seeking an executive who has experience working with a wide variety of product categories in the pharma marketplace, and who will be an outstanding senior representative of WebMD to both our client and our agency customers. This candidate will report directly to the SVP, Health and Group GM Provider Services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 5 to 8 of experience managing a sales team selling into the Pharma categories.
- The candidate must be a proven winner with a successful track record of growing and managing sales in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- The candidate must have strong motivational leadership skills and must be able to think strategically about new opportunities and develop and execute against a clear plan of action.
- The candidate must have strong organizational skills, and experience communicating effectively within a sales organization, particularly in the area of sales and revenue forecasting.
- The candidate must be an excellent judge of sales talent and have a record of hiring and training salespeople that has resulted in successful outcomes.
- This candidate must have a strong working knowledge of digital transformation within the pharmaceutical industry and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of WebMD's competitive environment.
- Knowledge and experience directly in the consumer health and wellness market is a plus, but not a necessity.
- Brand marketing, consulting and/or agency experience is also a plus, but is not a necessity.