Associate Director, Program Management
Job ID 2019-1473
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
By joining Medscape Education, the leading provider of online medical education for clinicians (medscape.org), you will work with talented team members across multiple departments to create print or digital educational materials. If you are looking for a career that provides you to opportunity to combine your natural organizational skills, ability to think on your feet to solve problems, and love of processes with your communication and leadership skills, this position will provide that for initiatives that truly make an impact on physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers and, thus, the lives of those around you.
- Be the escalation point for resolution of project implementation issues and conflict resolution
- Assist in the development and maintenance of department process standards, tools, and resources, including training staff members
- Use our web-based project management tool to predict staffing needs and assign resources to new projects
- Guide, inspire, evaluate and develop staff to complete projects consistent with CME industry regulations and requirements and to meet revenue and budget expectations
- Support your team in completing projects during periods of high work volume by:
- Assigning resources and target completion dates for new projects based on capacity modeling and project development timelines
- Modifying project template timelines and workflows to reflect the unique aspects to each project
- Tracking progress of projects and submitting status reports to management weekly
- Analyzing progress reports to identify at risk projects and present solutions to cross-functional leaders to mitigate delays
- Independently communicate to management on-time, accelerations and delays in projects that impact revenue recognition
- Serve as escalation point for resolution of project implementation issues and conflict resolution
- Continuously identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to travel internationally in support of all of the above responsibilities; approximately 10-20% of time (can be quite variable depending on the time of year and the nature of the work)
- Other tasks as required and/or assigned
- Someone who excels at developing and fostering positive team dynamics
- Thrives in a role that relies on accuracy, attention to detail and consistency of work
- A self-motivated project leader with a positive attitude, who has excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills and loves varied assignments
- Someone who is highly skilled at managing project task across a geographically-dispersed cross-functional team
- A person who obtains satisfaction in the on-time, on-budget, within scope, delivery of projects, from initiation through completion
- A true team player who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to help the department
- Someone who is comfortable in a highly deadline-driven environment, and able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- A project leader who takes ownership of projects to drive them forward versus passive ‘reporting’ on status.
- Someone who enjoys leveraging technology to make your job easier
- Someone who lives within commuting distance to New York City or Atlanta, Georgia, or The Netherlands offices preferred. US Field is also acceptable.
- Bachelor's degree specializing in business, project management, industrial engineering or equivalent combination or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- 5 years directly-related work experience (preferably in medical publishing, CME environment, or internet technologies)
- 3 years’ experience managing projects that include external partners, vendors and/or clients
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing others and project-related finances/expenses
- Excellent computer skills that includes working remotely on shared networks and cloud-based systems, and a high degree of proficiency using G-Suite (Gmail, Goggle Drive) and Microsoft Office suite required (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); and web-based data and document sharing sites and authoring tools (Box, Read Cube, EndNote) a plus
- Experience with web-based project management tools (such as Workfront, MS Project) required
- High professionalism and easy rapport in building collaborative work relationships
- Extreme focus on accuracy, attention to detail and consistency of work
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and team-building skills
- Plans and carries out all responsibilities with minimal direction