Job ID 2022-4505
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This position supports the Alert editorial team who create all of the content displayed on /alert’s platforms. The Staff Writer is responsible for assisting in the production of written editorial copy including news write ups, interviews, video scripts, quiz copy, and other miscellaneous copy projects.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Write 2-3 news/study write-ups per day.
- Conduct recorded Zoom interviews with medical experts for transcription and production into digital video products.
- Coordinate with experts for scheduling of interviews.
- Assist with news curation and development.
- Maintain relationships with press teams at institutions, associations, and PR firms.
- Complete miscellaneous administration tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field
- 2+ years online healthcare marketing, and/or editorial experience preferred
- Team player with strong organizational and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required
- Experience with Smartsheet a plus
- Desire to work remotely with a fast-paced team of editors