Sr Business Analyst
Job ID 2021-2826
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Education: B.E. Computer Science/IT degree (or any other engineering discipline) / MBA
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
Work timings: US Shift time (6 PM to 3 AM IST)
- Experience in a data-focused role in digital marketing, publishing, or commerce
- Hands on experience in data platforms, especially with application of CDP to marketing systems to grow the business
- Experience with web analytics, using tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc will be preferable
- Experience in Product Management in a Software, SAAS, or Web Applications
- Experience within a digital marketing team with a focus on push marketing (email, app alerts, etc.)
- Experience with the pharmaceutical marketing industry, including agency work is good to have
- Experience with marketing platforms, including Email Service Provider, Data Management Platform etc
- Experience with data architecture & network design
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent organizational skills, Exceptional communicator with ability to translate easily between business, editorial, sales, and engineering teams
- Advanced problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills, and the ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues
- Ability to write detailed technical specification documents
- Understanding of core web technologies
Roles & Responsibilities:
This role will focus on providing analysis and producing business requirement artifacts around our product set and data platform, including internal platform products (eg. CDP, ESP), user-facing products (eg. sponsored messages) and integrating the data platform with affiliate sites that have joined the Medscape Network.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Leading requirements gathering sessions in collaboration with the product management department and stakeholder teams, including marketing, development (engineering, QA, and PMO), production, and business intelligence
- Creating and maintaining documentation and related artifacts (eg. data dictionaries, user/data flows) for Data Platform initiatives, products, and platforms (including CDP, Identity Graph, Data Warehouse)
- Producing detailed business analyses, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for various business lines / product sets
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining documented procedures
- Ideation with stakeholders and teams, users, markets, and analytic inputs
- Coordinating tightly with PMO and Product Management on developing plans for affiliate integration (M&A)
- Understanding and informing email & target list management strategies, including and beyond how data replicates through multiple ESPs.