Director of Education and Grants
Job ID 2021-2998
Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC ("PHE") provides Power-Pak C.E.® educational programs for the broad spectrum of pharmacist learners. Continuing education for pharmacists constitutes PHE's core mission. The primary goal of all of our continuing education programs is to provide and disseminate topical education to all pharmacists in order to maintain and improve their knowledge and skill.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Director of Education and Grants is responsible for business development and growing PHE’s grants business.
· Develops and grows business relationships with current and prospective pharmaceutical and medical device clients (supporters) in the assigned territory in order to generate new CE funding opportunities for the organization.
· Conducts ongoing outreach including conference calls and in-person presentations to existing and prospective supporters.
· Continually assesses revenue potential of territory through analysis of the overall market, supporters’ corporate goals, pipeline outlook and general industry intelligence in order to provide accurate sales forecast.
· Keeps abreast of supporter news, market conditions, competitive activities, educational and technological trends through ongoing research and engagement at industry and medical conferences, literature reviews and other sources.
· Develop effective CE grant proposals for current and prospective supporters.
· Manage, direct and administer grant submission process
· Work with Program Director to ensure program is being developed as proposed
· Conduct follow-up communications with supporters regarding project status, outcomes reporting and grant reconciliation
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in the life sciences, public health, clinical sciences, journalism, technical writing, or English; advanced degree in a medical or science-related specialty is a differentiator
· 5 years’ experience securing and managing CME/CE grants, including work at a medical education/communications company, academic institution/hospital/university center, or medical society; previous grant writing for a medical education or scientific organization is a differentiator
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships with supporters. Having existing relationships is a differentiator.
· Demonstrated supervisory experience within Project, Program, personnel or vertical management in line with developing grants
· Familiarity with multiple therapeutic disciplines and/or clinical trials to better align growth opportunities for grants
· Demonstrated experience and ability to identify grant opportunities through conversations with existing supporters, RFPs, through pharma news sites, prospecting efforts, attendance of relevant conferences, referrals, unsolicited calls, networking, grants placed on competitive sites and any method that defines the potential of investing in a needs assessment.