Intern - Marketing Management
Job ID 2019-1239
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Marketing Management Intern
WebMD/Medscape is looking for a qualified intern to join our B2B Marketing Team. The Medscape Education Marketing Team produces communications and sales materials in the healthcare education market. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship with experience in marketing communications, sales support, market research, and the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry.
- Update marketing tools with new data and research
- Assist in creating sales announcements, e-mail campaigns, internal communications, surveys, etc.
- Assist in the distribution and delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with preparation for Q3 & Q4 marketing events
- Assist with preparation and execution of Summer Sales Training
- Assist with preparation and delivery of training materials
- Assist with market and competitive research projects
- Assist in developing 2020 marketing plan
- Manage and update client contact database
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad and returning for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong project management background
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Detail-oriented self-starter willing to take lead on projects
- Enrolled in a curriculum with concentration on marketing or communications
- Social media experience
- Market research experience
Prefer local candidate or someone within reasonable commuting distance to New York City. Relocation/housing assistance is not available for this position.