Associate Medical Writer
Job ID 2019-1627
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Researches medical topics, guidelines and updated journal articles to write first drafts of literature reviews and simulated medical records and test/drug alerts for a wide variety of medical conditions under the guidance of a Scientific Director.
- Enters these into a proprietary software program that simulates an electronic medical record.
- Edits and performs copywriting along various stages of the lifecycle of the education program.
- Checks documents for appropriate grammar, spelling, style, and consistency, according to the appropriate style guide and company standards
- Works with various stakeholders to creates, develops and refines quiz questions for Medchallenge
- Establishes and manages complex schedules or closely follows and engages with existing production schedules
- Coordinates with and assists other team members when needed
- Assists with occasional graphics production
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing, content creation, event and social media strategies and execution.
- Understanding of competitive positioning that contributes to the development of messaging and content strategies.
- Influence strategic discussions, collaborating with to translate intro innovative content
- Present creative concepts and strategies to management as needed
- Stay up to date on industry trends to identify new opportunities and best practices
- Four-year college degree in Liberal Arts, English, Communications, or Journalism, or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 2 years of similar writing experience or 1 year of scientific writing experience
- Knowledge of style guides
- Experience with Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and members of the MedSims content team
- Demonstrated ability to support a diverse group of internal customers and adapt working style to accommodate a variety of personalities and needs
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and to make strategic decisions about what to accomplish when faced with competing needs
- Prior medical or scientific writing experience is preferred
- Writing questions for online quizzes
- Demonstrable conceptual skills that demonstrate the ability to craft compelling content for a variety of platforms and audiences
- Understanding of creative best practices
- A confident, consultative approach
- Editorial experience and strong narrative judgement
- Content strategy experience a definite advantage