Corporate Wellness Coordinator/Coach (Lansing, MI)
Job ID 2021-2725
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position will be located at the client location in Lansing, MI
The Program Coordinator (PC) will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to provide face-to-face health coaching with eligible participants as well as raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
Located at the site of the designated client, the PC may be responsible for or part of face-to-face coaching sessions with a determined number of eligible participants per week. Similarly, the candidate may plan/conduct an indicated number of onsite learning sessions per year and focus part of his/her time on program management. The PC will work with and be a resource for the individual employer units in their health promotion activities.
The PC is responsible for client satisfaction, retention and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They can provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service.
PC’s proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Success staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes, and develop new solutions.
The successful candidate will have a background in a health promotion, exercise physiology, and/or nutrition.
In this role you will:
- Perform face-to-face at-risk health education based on participants' completed health risk appraisal; one-on-one, video, active, & group coaching
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of established programs with direction from client and WebMD Client Success Team
- Assist with program promotion, including development and/or distribution of promotional materials
- Available to travel, as needed
- Collaborate with client’s HR/Benefit teams, and other departments as applicable
- Coordinate logistics and implement client-wide challenges, screenings, promotions, programs, events, etc.
- Create a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Create and execute annual project plans, including development of delivery/implementation plan, action plans and tracking key project milestones for assigned sites
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for interacting with participants
- Develop and facilitate educational programs (i.e., courses, workshops, special events, and interactive booths)
- Develop and maintain files of community resources and health content for augmenting program delivery when necessary
- Document all key decisions from meetings and client conversations
- Encourage and support well-being policies at the client worksites (e.g., smoking, cafeteria, vending machines)
- Excellent communication/people skills, including proven ability to adapt to individual communication styles
- Experience and comfortability with Microsoft Office products
- Experience delivering presentations to small and large groups
Goals and Objectives
- Increase awareness and engagement in the client-wide well-being programs
- Independent problem solving and decision making ability
- Monitor expenditures to assure spending remains within client's specified guidelines
- Organizational and time management skills, including the ability to maintain multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Other duties specific to account as assigned by client or WebMD (e.g., conduct biometric screenings or other in person health assessments, support fitness center, etc.)
- Participate in both internal WebMD and client meetings
- Project management and planning skills
- Promote well-being through meaningful interactions with employees
- Provide customized support to designated locations/business units
- Regular utilization of WebMD coaching management information systems to track and evaluate program
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as and strong relationship building skills are required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- BS/BA Preferred, MS/MPH differentiator
- Registered Dietician (RD) / Nutritionist Preferred.
- Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Wellcoach certification preferred but not required.
- 3+ years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience preferred
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.