Writer, Interactive Content
Job ID 2021-3498
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
High-Level Job Description
The Interactives Writer will create interactive content on a variety of clinical topics for healthcare professional audiences.
- The right person for this role will be able to write high-quality, engaging, and medically-accurate content, ranging from tips and bite-size pieces to longer-form articles, as well as interactives, slideshows and quizzes.
- The writer must be a creative storyteller and idea-generator, who can make sometimes dry or difficult topics interesting for a variety of audiences.
- Whether writing, editing, or optimizing existing content, the successful candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects and manage the editorial workflow from start to finish.
- This role must also collaborate with internal stakeholders, including medical reviewers, photo editors, content editors, and programmers.
- The person in this role must be comfortable working in a CMS.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while ensuring medical accuracy is a must.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree preferred or will consider related experience
- 2+ years writing for an online Health, Wellness, News and/or Lifestyle brand
- Strong editorial judgment
- Strong familiarity with the web
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience creating interactive content and working in a CMS
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Skilled at brainstorming and collaborating with a creative team
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
*Please send resume along with 3 writing samples*