Sr Market Research Manager
Job ID 2020-2408
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Market Research Senior Manager
Medscape Market Research is a unique team within the Medscape Division of WebMD. Our primary goal is to help healthcare market researchers execute their research projects by tapping into our pool of highly engaged physicians and other healthcare professionals. To learn more about Medscape’s market research offering, go to: www.medscapemarketresearch.com .
The Market Research Senior Manager is an essential member of the Medscape market research client service team, responsible for leading a team who handles the bidding and pricing, as well as the end-to-end planning and execution of market research projects. This role is responsible for the overall revenue delivery for the accounts you and your team manages. The market research senior manager will need to have a full understanding of the execution of qualitative and quantitative market research studies in order for his/her team to deliver high levels of client service . Additionally the market research senior manager will be able to adapt to our changing business by focusing on constant business improvements and efficiencies by identifying business challenges and efficiencies, influencing key stakeholders to implement solutions, and ability to implement these solutions. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead, coach and manage a small team of client service managers who are bidding and executing market research projects.
- Balance the workload of your team; including client assignments.
- In addition to the accounts your team would be assigned to, you’d be assigned to several key accounts to manage all aspects of bidding and project execution.
- Ensure accurate and timely bidding, project set-up, execution and project closure for you and your teams’ accounts.
- Evaluate account relationships and look for ways to strength these relationships; including delivering a high level of client satisfaction.
- Pro-actively informing clients of project issues and suggestions on resolving these issues. Ensure your team is doing this as well.
- Utilize client target lists or Medscape’s membership database for feasibility estimates and recruitment of live projects.
- Ensure your team has a well thought through project plan, including plans for recruitment and all deliverables in order to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Manage outside vendors and consultants for analysis, data processing, questionnaire design, programming and recruitment support.
- Maintain project budgets and work with support team to prepare final study costs for finance on projects.
- Ensure all survey completers are accurately paid within specified timeframes.
- Ensure timely responses to customer support escalated inquiries and ensure your team does the same.
- Ensure accurate revenue forecasting for you and your teams’ accounts.
- Drive and implement business efficiencies.
- 10+ years market research experience including project management.
- 5+ years of market research project/fielding management experience.
- 2+ years experience managing a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task among many different projects at once.
- Must have excellent communication skills to manage client expectations and internal key stakeholders.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively to find solutions to recruitment issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) a must.
- 2+ years of experience with MS-Excel and pivot table experience, a must.
- Bachelors in marketing or other aligned major.
- Experience in market research account management.
- Experience in survey programming logic, testing surveys.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative market research.
- Experience with questionnaire design and reporting.