Print Production Specialist - remote work
Job ID 2021-3423
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.s yo.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This position is 100% remote with the ability to work on EST work schedule.
Schedules and coordinates the flow of work within or between departments to expedite production of products sold to various clients. Works closely with various teams including but not limited to design and production staff to maintain high product and service quality during a production cycle while adhering to the schedule and the budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that completed product and product related items including but not limited to mailing lists are prepared and correctly presented to vendors in a timely manner by compiling and organizing client orders, mailing lists and any other necessary components for a large client base.
- Contacts clients with due dates for orders, mailing lists, etc. and any client-supplied ancillary materials that may be planned/needed for each custom publication or product deliverable.
- Assists or mentors other Production Coordinators.
- Stays abreast of all production schedules and respective internal and external clients who work with them. Alerts production and editorial teams or management of any delays. Creates plans to avoid or re-plan in light of such delays.
- Creates and submits PDF files or similar to print/product vendors.
- Traffics proofs.
- Helps the client establish postal accounts or similar as necessary and estimates costs for internal and external purposes.
- Monitors and tracks all art, proofs, and corrections etc., as necessary.
- Estimates costs and any cost overruns, alerting management to situation. Proposes alternatives.
- Develops necessary expertise with Company products in order to take on greater production responsibilities or responsibilities in general throughout the business unit.
- Completes other administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Performs responsibilities in a professional manner, meeting the Company’s mission and goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school and three 3) years related training and/or experience are required.
- 2+ years experience in a Print Production environment
- Experience with list maintenance, file management, and publication fulfillment and/or similar production trafficking methodologies required.
These requirements may be substituted by an equivalent combination of education and experience where applicable.
- Analytical - Synthesizes diverse information; Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.