Writer/Editor - Consumer Content
Job ID 2019-1483
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The applicant should be a creative, independent writer and editor with the ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment. The applicant should have strong communications skills and should be comfortable working cross functionally to meet project deadlines.
- Writing and editing high-quality, engaging, and medically-accurate content
- Updating and optimizing existing content
- Managing the editorial work flow from start to finish
- Managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Providing new approaches for sometimes dry or difficult content for a variety of audiences
- Collaborating on strategic content with other departments, e.g. SEO Team, Medical Reviewers, Photo Editors, Content Editors, and Strategists as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or related field or equivalent years of related experience
- 5 years writing and editing for an online Health, Wellness, News and/or Lifestyle brand
- Strong editorial judgment
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing in a fast paced environment
- Strong familiarity with the web
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Good organizational ability, good verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Experience creating interactive content and working in a CMS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience writing for a wide range of audiences
- Experience creating content that is driven by SEO data/collaborating with SEO
- Comfortable leading large projects